4 Questions to ask yourself before getting your ear pierced
1. Is an ear piercing right for you?
If you are under the age of sixteen, you will need parental consent, so maybe you should ask yourself if you think you’re ready for a piercing, or if you can even afford it.
2. Are you ready?
Consider any medical reasons such as allergies to metals, or disorders that prevent the healing process.
You should also consider whether you are allowed to have your ears pierced in work or school, as once you have been pierced, you cannot take it out for several weeks, depending on the piercing type.
3. What type of piercing do you want?
So you are ready, and you feel a piercing is the right decision? Are you looking for a lobe or a cartilage piercing? Perhaps you want to try out multiple piercings?
There are plenty of apps out there that allow you to upload a picture of yourself and see how a piercing would look. Take your time when choosing what you want.
4. Are you prepared to care?
So you are getting your piercing, but once it’s done, there is still a little bit of work to do. You must be prepared to look after your piercing to avoid any infections or rejections.
Proper aftercare is as important as the piercing itself, and you can find all the help you need in our aftercare section.
5 Tips For Finding the Right Piercing Studio For You
Finding the right piercing studio to get your helix pierced is very important, so here are five tips to help find the right place for you.
1. Give yourself options by learning about a few different places.
2. Get to know the store you want to use, and how they perform the piercing procedure. Familiarise yourself with their hygiene protocols and practices.
3. Don’t be afraid to voice any concerns or ask any questions you might have.
4. Always make sure the procedure does not involve a piercing gun, but a hollow point needle. If a gun is involved, find another studio.
5. Get to know your piercing artist, ask questions, chat to them. A professional piercer will always be able to put your mind at ease.